Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh, USA (HSS) is pleased to announce the events in year 2013 to celebrate and commemorate Swami Vivekananda’s 150th birth anniversary as, “Universal Peace through Dharma and Yoga”.
Swami Vivekananda , born Narendra Nath Datta, on January 12, 1863, was the first Hindu monk who eloquently presented Hindu philosophy to the Western world.
HSS invites you to celebrate Swami Vivekananda 150th birth anniversary with us on January 12, 2012, and several other nationwide events as listed below to celebrate of Swamiji’s message of universal peace through Dharma and Yoga.
- National contest for children on the stories of Swami Vivekananda and Sri Krishna, February through April 2013
- Field trips, adventure activities, and sewa activities for youth
- Nationwide mobile exhibition on Swami Vivekananda’s life and message
- Lecture series on Hinduism in Universities during spring and fall semesters of 2013
- Dharma & Yoga Fest to commemorate Swamiji’s Chicago Address – September 11, 2013